This delicious Paleo Chocolate brownie recipe is a version of the one I found on Paleogrubs.com.
Where they used walnuts only, I decided to use mixed nuts. You can get a 250g or 500g bag of almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts and pecans from the supermarket.
For a dessert or sweet snack this is hard to beat. This chocolate brownie mix is easy to make, delicious and nutritious. You know exactly what’s in it. There are no additives or preservatives. The nuts provide a good source of protein and healthy fats. The raw cacao is high in antioxidants. The only trouble you’ll have with these brownies is having them last long!
- 250g of raw mixed nuts
- 100g of pitted dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 of a cup of raw cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
- Add nuts and salt to a blender or food processor. Mix until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the dates, vanilla, and cacao powder to the blender. Mix well until everything is combined.
- With the blender still running, add a couple drops of water at a time to make the mixture stick together.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a bowl. Using your hands, form small round balls, rolling in your palm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
For other sweet deliciousness, please check out this Paleo Cheesecake recipe.