FunFit appreciates the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us. Since the 1st July 2008, FunFit has been subjected to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth).
FunFit will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
FunFit is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that FunFit collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join FunFit as a member
- subscribe to a newsletter
- register for the website
- register for an event
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, FunFit may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- fulfil our functions as a service provider
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and development FunFit’s service offerings
- maintain membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offerings
- conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members
Disclosure of Information
FunFit may disclose your personal information to third party organisations, which may include:
- external service providers to whom FunFit has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service FunFit has contracted out
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- FunFit’s professional advisers
- other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact FunFit.
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
FunFit takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
FunFit will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
FunFit’s personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
Access to personal information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting the FunFit office or writing to the owner.
Individuals have the right to request access to your personal information held by FunFit. You also have the right to request the correction of any information that relates to you and is inaccurate. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons to FunFit.
Members and non-members can access and update their contact details and member profile via the Profile section of the website.
Further Information For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website on privacy.gov.au.