Self Defence for Teens
Self Defence training lets our teenagers defend themselves using reflexive body movements designed for real life action. However, if their only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. That’s why ‘what happens before the ‘fight” is also trained. That way, the teens can choose the best tool for the job at hand.
It’s critically important for young people to know how to stay out of trouble, but also what to do should they get into a physical confrontation. Functional Self Defence training involves situational awareness, avoidance strategies, mental preparation, verbal dissuasion and effective physical techniques and principles, providing them with a basic toolkit for conflict resolution.
Training topics include:
- Avoiding different types of attacks and dangerous situations
- Target Hardening’ – strategies to lower the odds of being attacked
- Talking your way out of conflict safely
- Maintaining physical boundaries
- Natural striking and effective targets
ignoring the need for self-defence skills will not make our young people safe from violence.”
The goals of Noble Spirit Ninjutsu training for teens also extend to:
- Developing positive self-esteem, self-confidence and self-discipline
- Developing a person as a positive role model
- Creating expertise in confrontation management and effective communication
- Developing healthy community attitudes and values
Self defence for teens allows our young people greater freedom with greater safety.