Self Defence Short-Course for Women
This Self Defence Short-Course for Women builds on the skills and principles of the Workshop.
However, attendence at a Workshop is NOT a prerequisite for attendance.
Many Workshop attendees really valued the content, and wanted an opportunity to practice. This is it!
Studies show a relationship between self defence or assertiveness training and women’s physical and psychological responses to subsequent attacks.
Victims with pre-assault training were less likely to be assaulted (1) and more likely to resist (2). Further, that resistance stopped the offender or made him less aggressive than victims without training (2). Women with training before the assaults were angrier and less scared during the incident than women without training (2). Learning self defence skills can make a difference. Keeping them sharp and effective can change lives.
Learn & Practice:
- Specific scenarios, relevant to you
- Strategies and tactics
- Mental & Emotional preparation
- Opportunity to train with intensity – safely
- Effective physical techniques and targets
What you can expect:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- An instructor with over 15 years experience
- Empowerment, not mansplaining!
- Dispelling of martial arts ‘myths’
- To walk out more confident and more competent
Who: Women wanting to revise, practice and build on the physical skills from their Workshop!
Where: FunFit: Functional Fitness & Self Defence Centre
When: Mondays, starting Monday, 30th July – 11:30am
Cost: $100 pp for 4 x 1 hour sessions